In one of the most anticipated Apple events in recent memory Tim Cook and a host of other presenters demonstrated the latest Apple products. Everyone knew there would be new phones, but few expected to see both a gorgeous new iPad and the oh-so-long awaited update to the Apple TV.
- The show began at 10 am PDT with Cook announcing “monster updates” across Apple’s product line before inviting VP Jeff Williams on stage to talk about the Apple Watch.
- Williams spoke about the booming number of apps now available for the Apple Watch, totaling over 10,000.
- Next up Dr. Cameron Powell, founder of Airstrip, demonstrated how doctors and patients will be able to communicate and share vital signs in real time on the Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch continues to target the luxury watch market with a band by Hermés. There is also a new gold and rose gold finish for the Apple Watch.
- Cook called the iPad “the clearest expression of our vision of the future of personal computing.” Mentioning their partnership with Cisco and IBM Cook introduces the world to the iPad Pro.
- Phil Schiller, Apple’s Marketing SVP introduced the iPad Pro:
- 12.9-inch screen, which is almost as big as the screen on the MacBook Air
- 5.6 million pixels
- A9X chip, which is almost 2x faster than the previous chip
- A battery life of 10-hours
- “Smart” keyboard, that connect magnetically to the iPad Pro
- The iPad Pro also comes with Apple Pencil, a stylus that works seamlessly with Microsoft Office (maybe make a bigger deal of Apple working with one-time rivals)
- Next, the new Apple TV was introduced to the world . Cook opened with “Our vision for TV is simple and perhaps a little provocative. We believe the future of television is apps.”
- Eddie Cues showed Apple TV’s new touch pad remote & Siri integration. He showed that you can tell Siri “show me the Modern Family episode with Edward Norton,” and Siri will find that exact episode. You can ask Siri almost anything regarding movies or shows and Siri will search through all the shows and movies to find what you have requested.
- The new Apple TV remote can also be used for controlling games on the Apple TV.
- Pricing starts at $149 (32GB) and goes up to $199 (64GB).
- The star of the show was the iPhone 6S & 6S plus which come with 3-D touch.
- The new 3-D touch feature allows you to apply different amounts of pressure to the screen that will provide you with shortcuts to frequently used functions within certain apps.
- The iPhone is coming with a new A9 chip, that is 70% faster than the chip in the iPhone 6 & 6 plus.
- There is a new 12-megapixel iSight back camera and a new 5-megapixel FaceTime camera.
- The last new feature is Live Photos, which turns your photo into a mini video if you press and hold the photo.
- Adding a new rose gold finish to the lineup, the new iPhones will be the same price as the old iPhon
There were some interesting products unveiled, and the iPhone 6S & 6S Plus were what most people had been expecting. Between the new iPad Pro and the Apple TV, there is plenty to like and look forward to with these new products. The Apple Watch is here to stay and with over 10,000 apps there are sure to be many people looking to buy one come the holiday season. If you have any questions or want to talk contact us!